I just got home from cosplay! And it was one heck of an event!
To those who do not have an idea what it is, cosplay is an event where fans dress up as their favorite character. It may be from an anime, manga, movie, or tv. It is fun! (I'll upload the pictures soonest!)
Today's was held at my alma mater, PUP. There where booths selling anime merchandise; there were bands that performed themes of their most drooled over anime. And even though it rained cats and dogs, students, outsiders, everybody stayed eagerly and excitedly. Yes, come hell or high water, no otaku can be stopped from fulfilling its mission. Attendance is a must!
My friends and I have attended quite a few cosplays before. We actually started this February I think (I wrote everything about it in my old blog in Friendster). Since then, we became regular attendees. We have met a lot of people, cosplayers to be specific. We gained friends (my friendster friends have now reached 278!). I have seen Jack Sparrow, Naruto, Sasuke, Jumong, among others. Oh, these celebrities are everywhere!
And yeah, even if we are obachan, with white hair, rheumatism and all but are still beautiful as ever, we vowed to be faithful attendees of cosplays. We will never get tired of it. In sickness and in health...
Cosplays never cease to amaze me. We may see the same faces, hear the same songs, check on the same booths, but the feeling of being with people who share the same passion is just overwhelming. No religion, political views, age, race, social status exist. It is as if life itself, for a moment, has stopped. We are of the same blood.
It does feel like home.
No comments:
Post a Comment