It has always been the question of the century: money or love.
Yeah, it is the one question we can debate on until forever expires, yet the answer will still be a mystery. It is like arguing on which existed first, whether the egg or the chicken, or why the chicken did cross the street. It is synonymous with finding the essence of life itself. And the downside to it is that after you finally understood everything, you'd realize that the very thing valuable to you the most has already been lost. So ironic.
I got good feedbacks for the movie 'The devil wears Prada'. So when it was advertised on Star Movies (sorry, I missed it on the big screen. I thought it was not worth it. Guess I was wrong. Ü), I got really excited. My parents and I watched it. And yeah, we enjoyed it.
It did not make me cry. I was flabbergasted. The plot, the dress, the Chanel. Amazing. Rubbing elbows with the elite, attending fashion events, meeting people with the passion for fashion. For a moment, I wanted to be a part of it.
I think it would be neurotic to believe that we can have everything. We can't. Does that mean there are dreams unattainable? I guess there are. Especially when you dream of having a whooping career, a blossoming family life, and a wonderful circle of true people you can consider friends, all at the same time. They don't materialize simultaneously. Unfortunately.
The coin has only two faces. It is one tough decision we have to make. But I guess what defines a person depends on how he/she makes that one tough decision. A decision that can either make or break him/her. A decision that may change him/her.
And when that decision fails, it is how he/she rises and faces it, acknowledging every sacrifice not only him/her had to make, but also those around. Life is not perfect, a common knowledge. And the fact that we only live once makes us want to be more. I guess it's okay. As long as we also ponder on things that really matter, and make all efforts to keep it close by.
Before it's too late.
No comments:
Post a Comment