Sunday, November 16, 2008

The chronicle of sale

I just got home from a sale at Expo!

My branch mate, Su, called me up yesterday to tell me there were a lot of books, among all other stuff, being on sale there. She was excited. The books were flagged at the cheapest price, she said. I got excited too. So I dragged my friends to accompany me.

We went there today.

What did I get from going to the sale? Aside from headache, because of a number of people swarming the place, varicose veins due to too much standing, a hole in my pocket, high blood pressure, kidney failure (the long queue in dirty toilets made me rather hold it until I reached our abode), what else did I get from going to the sale, you ask??

THIS WAS WHAT I GOT FROM THE SALE. The Complete Chronicles of Narnia. THE COMPLETE Chronicles!!! Eeeeeee!!!!

When I saw it, I couldn't believe it. Compiled 
in one book? All for the price of one? I flipped it. I gasped. $51.90! Too high a price! Reasonable, but too high!

Holding the most  precious book (all other books became muggle-like before my eyes), I headed for my friends who were already queueing up at the counter. I cut in (hehehe). Unsure, I asked for their opinion. Still unsure, I started to recompute my budget just to have this book. I'd still have enough to last me until next payday, I believed.

Ready to let go of my precious $52, I headed for the cashier. It was my turn. When I handed the book over, the guy assisting me asked the lady beside him for the price. I thought I heard angels singing when she opened her mouth. She uttered the most magical statement I heard for the day. "It's only $8", she said. EIGHT DOLLARS!! My eyes twinkled. I almost kissed her.

Aslan, here I come! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

galeng.. complete chronicles of narnia for only $8. napakapalad. pero mas papalarin ka kung ibibigay mo iyan sa akin. alam ko namang mahal mo ako e. kaya tatapusin mo na iyang basahin at ng mapasakamay ko na iyan..

hmm.. hmm.. can't wait to see you come home.. hmm.. hmm..