I didn't know it was based on a true story. Not until we went to a bookstore later after the show and saw a book about it. I didn't know it had to be taken seriously. I hadn't taken any movies of Owen Wilson seriously. Until now.
To those who didn't have childhood memories with a dog, they might have a hard time relating. It wasn't in my plan to cry this evening. I wanted a light movie, have a big laugh, go home and rest, like what I did when I saw "The Pink Panther 2." Yeah, my friend and I laughed big time. Owen still hasn't lost his charm. He still delivers lines effectively it will make you laugh till you can't stop. Good thing I brought a hanky, because we also cried big time. We cried big time.
It's an old cliche: a dog is a man's best friend. But there is no other phrase, nor statement, that can describe this little thing that happily waggles its tail when it sees you. One that doesn't require any reciprocation from you. One whom you can be who you truly are, you can pretend if you want, and will accept you whole. It will still accept you whole.
I received an email that was circulated in the office about love according to kids, and there was one definition by a four-year old girl that was very interesting. I looked it up on the internet and, luckily, I found it. She said, "Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day."* I agree. That's a hundred percent love.
And only a man's best friend can offer you that.
No comments:
Post a Comment