Plan A: Fall head over heels over a significant other. At the age of 25, strut down the church's aisle, pacing while melting to meet the man of my surreality. He is patiently waiting at the altar; a smile beautifies his calming face. He is the only love among all the hate, the only one allowed to enter the gates and slay the dragon. The union is unforgettable that only tears can attest. It is the most significant of all days.
Reality: At 29, here I am, loveless.
Plan A: Conceive kids at 27. A brood of three boys compose a lovely home.
Reality: At 29, still childless.
I understand that most plans fail to materialize. Meet that special someone at 23, blush at the sound of his voice pronouncing his never-ending loyalty and love. Get engaged and be bound for perpetuity. Blah blah blah.
I spoke to my mom on my birthday. And my mom, being the wisest mother that she is, uttered verbatim, "You're already 29. Better find someone and get married before you turn 30." I was dumbfounded. How is this mathematically and scientifically possible?!
Inspired by my mom's great insights,
Reality: At 29, a revised and improved Plan B is unveiled: If after five years my current state has never appreciated, maybe a significant other I can overlook. If I cannot obtain a love of my own, I might as well have a kid of my own. There are a lot of babies in need of a good home. It is an opportunity to alter someone's future and blossom my plight in the process.
Not a bad idea, eh? I don't think my mom will be impressed, though. :)
1 comment:
That is a good back up plan. I mean,if after five years there is still no one special, better adapt a child who we can love and care of. We don't need a man to have babies. =)
Post a Comment