Saturday, March 21, 2009

Analyze this

According to my friend, Grace, I overanalyzed things. A simple concept, which I expounded, had turned vague. It left me confused. That's why I failed, she said.

I've finished the test after 15 minutes. We were given 47 minutes to finish the 40-question exam. But I finished mine after 15 minutes. Since I had four unanswered items, I checked on them. After I've finally put a mark on them, I rechecked all that I've done. I guess that's where I failed.

I should have listened to my intuition. I should have stuck to my initial answers. But I amended. I overanalyzed. Until I got confused. I failed.

I cried.

Su, my branch mate, said it's not the end of the world. Yeah. The truth is, there are a lot of us who failed. And the sad reality is, no one in our branch who took that particular exam has passed yet. All of us will be retaking. That's my only consolation. That we are backing up each other.

I just hope that will be the last time I'll be reading that book ever again.

No comments: