This is my version of movie installments. It's my fourth attempt to master cycling!
You would think by now I should be over having the contusions part. I'm not. My first one hour was just about dragging the rented bicycle, with my left foot on the pedal and my right on the road. I bet tomorrow all the bruises will be visible on my right leg because of this.
They said one cannot forget, once it's acquired, the skill of balancing. My last attempt two months ago, though I fell and I fell really hard, I went places. I pedaled the bike smoothly. I guess it's the trauma of the fall that made me very cautious today. For the first one hour, at least.
If there's one thing I learned, it's to look beyond. The secret to balancing the bicycle is not to look at the handle and the front tire, but to gaze beyond it. Focus on the road. Feel the gush of the wind. Hear the live music being played by the people around. Appreciate the patience of a friend who offered a company. Wear a smile.
Sometimes, in this busy life, we neglect to experience the moment. We are so concentrated on going somewhere that we ignore the sceneries laying before us. I felt my legs pedaling, I brushed off the thought of falling, and I breathed the fresh air and listened to the whistling of the trees. It was magnificent.
I know I still need to harness my skill. I want to get the hang of it. It is actually an achievement for me. I began learning biking this February only, in four different occasions, and I am starting to get the hang of it. And boy am I so proud. ^^
2 comments:
Congrats! I hope we can go biking together here sa Pinas or there going around the parks! =)
thanks mare!! yeah, we could go biking even up to baguio!! (wow, confident??) :D
Post a Comment