I was on the verge of the last step of the same bus, one foot forward, oblivious to the person in front of me. I was preparing myself to get off. My friend had already exited the public transport when I saw her extending her hand as if reaching for something or someone. That's when I realized an old lady was in front of me, trembling, maintaining her composure while gripping the pole by her right hand tightly. She was figuring out how to transfer to the other side without tumbling over. When she saw my friend's gestural offer, she wholeheartedly took it. She must have perceived it as manna from above because, until my friend was beyond her peripheral vision, she did not stop expressing gratitude.
Small acts of kindness. God working in mystical way. Trifle to some, enormous to the receiver of the deed. I remember a post on facebook by one of my friends. It said, "Smile, because you never know whose day you are brightening with it." And I nod in total agreement.
No comments:
Post a Comment