Ralph Waldo Emerson and Paulo Coelho arrive at the same conclusion. The Catholic Church acknowledges it as the communion of saints. I concur it is faith. When you want something, the universe conspires for you to achieve it. And it does.
Clairvoyance, ESP, third eye, faith, anything to identify it, it happened to me again today. I imagined this particular someone apparating and was an arm's reach in front of me. I brushed off the idea. A few hours later, it materialized. My heart leapt for joy when I made out a familiar face surfacing from the crowd.
I wanted to be the one to assist him. My client in front of me was still undone with his business. I smiled sheepishly. My colleague beside me called for the next person in front of him. The person in front of me, unaware of my dilemma, was still busy rummaging through his belongings. My other colleague who was not attending to someone was not calling for him either. I could not suppress a simper for this beautiful symphony harmonizing before my senses. My opportunity was awaiting seizer. Then the client in front of me left.
I have seen this scene in films before - people outside of our consciousness freezing; clocks delaying. His presence was the mere definition of existence. Nothing has ever stood so vaguely yet utterly confident like he did. He was approaching, finally a finger away. I was fighting to maintain composure. But my smile was a give away.
I did serve him before. For the record, he never ever bothered to look at me. He did not speak to any of my colleagues. But today was an exception. All the universe conspired, my prayers were answered, the angels tuned and blew their trumpets. With all the good things summed up multiplied by a plenitude of graces and miracles, he smiled, exposing his pearly white teeth, uttered statements, and ended the whirlwind but protracted minutes with him saying, "Have a good day!"
I am not trying to be a hopeless romantic. I am not expecting anything. I hope I am not analyzing something that needs no analysis. I just find today lovely. A falling star, that's what happened. Today was a surprise. And I love surprises. ^^
1 comment:
now i understood the story behind your smiles. i just imagined you are smiling. I am smiling as I was reading this.
I really wished I had brought with me the movie series I told you about when I went there. I think you will enjoy it. Full of poetry and love... Just like this post...
Post a Comment