I guess a teacher's greatest achievement is seeing her students learning something. It definitely is a cloud nine feeling.
I taught my catechism class a song last week. I was surprised to know none of them knew it; it was such a popular one. The lyrics were simple, the melody too, and the good part is, it is an action song. Some practice here and there, laughing at everyone who got confused including me, and we perfected it. As expected, they acquired and sang the song like they have known it for a long time.
I was talking loudly today, trying to get everyone's attention, but to my surprise, it was mine they caught. One of the students informed me he sang this particular song I taught them in school, two of them in fact as these guys are also classmates academically, that their teacher even noticed them. Then they started singing the song in front of me, doing the action while seated, making me gape in amusement. They giggled. I giggled. So they learned something!
I volunteered to handle catechism class as a minute way of reciprocating to God. But instead, God, in His most sagacious, showed me an alternative route that leads to His grace of fulfillment. My Sundays have been a happy rainbow, and my one-hour journey with these wise miniatures has been the shortest and the most meaningful. Who will not fall in love with them? I did. ^^
3 comments:
that's good! I'm actually trying to do something like that here. And just when they announced last January that there will be catechism class this summer, I immediately showed my intention. But to this date, it has not materialized. Yesterday, 1 person told me that no one have heard of such announcement.
what? it can't be a hallucination. try it, ja! it's super fun! ^^
i can imagine. the way you exerted effort for them everytime. i just hope, magkaron na rin ng ganun dito soon. =)
Post a Comment