Human beings, as frail as we are, are prone to committing mistakes. Quick thinking, a beam, and a heart-felt service conceal the blemish.
I was in McDonald's last Sunday. I just purchased a book about happiness as perceived by a nation according to experts. I was very excited to start digesting the wonderful thoughts embedded in it. I headed straight to McDonald's McCafe, the perfect place to traverse in the passages on each leaf, while awaiting a friend I was supposed to meet. I walked directly to the counter to place my order.
Ten minutes passed and it finally arrived. I was puzzled when I noticed the absence of caramel syrup on the whipped cream. I asked the crew about it, only to be told I ordered a latte. Be it Starbucks or McCafe, I rarely experimented. I have always been fidel to my caramel. Imagine my dismay.
In the midst of my dilemma, the manager intruded. He suggested replacing the cup. I hesitated. He repeated the offer, and I persistently convinced him otherwise as I did not want to witness an innocent latte being drained its existence away. I convinced myself to take on a new challenge and just sip the darn drink. The manager apologized, looked at me, and uttered the most magical statement my ears had ever heard in the whole afternoon. "Do you want your caramel syrup on the whipped cream?", he said. My eyes twinkled.
Compromise is a sturdy bridge. It helps people admit without losing face and injuring a relationship. I missed my caramel, I welcomed my caramel-flavored latte. I happily embraced its uniqueness. I imbibed my drink, embarked on my journey in my new book, my mind was clouded with a special feeling for having to consume such a favorable blunder. Mistakes are miracles in disguise. Even the greatest men committed mistakes that gave birth to serendipity. Like my latte was. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment