Google map has been an acquaintance when I go places. But it kind of abandoned me halfway today.
I had an appointment at 10am. I left my humble abode a little past 830am, albeit later than I initially planned. I was confident that despite my solitude, I would reach my destination hassle-free and on time.
The map instructed me take bus 45, and it tacitly warned me of the long, jaw-breaking-yawn boring journey. I took on the challenge, believing that at 10 am, at the latest, my destination would be within eyesight.
So I alighted the bus. With my BB on my right hand, I scrutinized the paths being spoon fed to me by google map. The lost girl being my middle name, reading the map that produced real-time images conveyed abstract likeness to me. I took an overhead bridge, realized I headed to the wrong exit, took a turn on a street which, apparently, was a grave mistake again. I was in the middle of nowhere, my feet were rationalizing on their own, my mouth and my brain exchanged diverse points and concluded that tardiness was the trouble-maker to blame. The sun was not spewing heat mightily, I was thanking God for this consolation, when a stranger in his white, glimmering car pulled over in my weariness. He inquired if I was heading to CHIJ Our Lady of Good Counsel. I was. He offered a ride.
"Seek, and you shall find", the Bible says. But even if we do not seek, our Father in heaven knows the desires of our hearts, and we will find. I entered the seemingly recently purchased car of this good samaritan, took the front passenger seat, and breathed his hospitality. He drove his wife and daughter to the same recollection I was heading, he told me, and he had been noticing loads of people walking the same path. He had been picking up lost sheep and delivering them to the venue. My ride was his fourth send off.
Angels disguise themselves to aid us. This stranger is the perfect representation. I arrived at my destination just in time for the priest's opening prayer. It would have been another 15 to 20 minute journey on foot had I not been rescued from that dilemma. God always, always provides. He profusely bleeds blessings, trivial or epochal. Even transport. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment