Life is like a box of chocolate, according to Forrest Gump. You'll never know what you're gonna get. But it seems like I always, always, get the same thing. It's always been the same flavor. For me, it is.
Or maybe because I just screw things up. That simple. If being me means screwing up, then, I am a hundred and twenty percent guilty. I am a living messer of things, if there's even such a word.
In fairness to God, when I asked for someone, He gave me potentials. This year was a bit fruitful. But after introducing it, He leaves the rest to me. I guess that's when the problem starts. When He starts leaving the rest to me.
My friend said life is like a game of chess. And I make the blunder moves. Wrong decisions. Wrong things to say. Wrong reaction. Have I lost the skill? I used to be part of the chess team in high school. I may not be the best, but I fared well. Has it rusted over the years? Now I even defy the touch-move rule. I am forced to execute these bad decisions, contend the wrong things I said, and feign the wrong reaction, because I have touched the piece already. Until it results in stalemate. I'm wishing it's stalemate. A platonic stalemate is better than a total loss. Right?
I guess I had better stick with Snow White and her song. Tonight, after praying to God, again (and I hope He still heeds after all of my failures), I will sing-a-long to Snow Whites' lullaby. "Someday, my prince will come..." No more frogs, ok.
And no more blunders (fingers crossed!). =3
No comments:
Post a Comment