But there was a rainbow in the midst of it all.
After I was scolded for something I was not sure I did wrong, I went back to my cubicle with a heavy heart. I started serving again. The queue was long. My face was gloomy. I wasn't beaming at all.
And then it was his turn.
I read somewhere that a true friend is someone who asks how you are and waits for your answer. This client was not a friend. Neither was he a regular. I wasn't sure if it was apparent on my expression that I was affronted, but the first question he asked me upon reaching my counter was, "How are you?". And the moving part was, he waited for my answer.
The melancholy feeling vanished.
We don't need monumental acts to change the world. One simple gesture, a trivial statement, or a millisecond smile is enough. We might have done a good deed without even knowing it. We could have contributed to the renewal of the world without realizing it. My trouble continued until the end of the day, but it was okay. I am okay. The world is still a delightful place.
3 comments:
Oh man.. what actually happen? sounds very bad .. so bad have to blog it in that way.
Hay, I hope I'm there to cheer you up. But I always include you and the rest of our friends in my prayers. Yeah! No bola! ^^
marcus: it was not that bad, but it still was. but everything's ok now. =)
cherry: thanks mare!! may God bless us always =)
Post a Comment