Friday, September 10, 2010

Back to Basics Seminar

Today is a holiday. But instead of garfielding the day away, I woke up at 7am. I awoke earlier than my regular working day.

I slept at past 12am last night. I only had around 6 hours of sleep. I hungered for more. And so, as expected, I sojourned to Neverland while the speaker in the seminar I attended today was delivering his piece. And being the queen of guilt, yeah, I feel remorseful.

I read from somewhere that a person tends to yawn if he is too focused on something. My attention was captured by the speakers, alright, I was too focused it did not only make me yawn. I traversed to dreamland. I felt my head tilting, my eyes closing, my vision blurring. The speakers' voices trailed off, and I wished I was on my bed, in my room, sleeping the day away. While it was raining outside.

I tried to fathom the minimal information that glided through a bleak opening in my brain. I am proud to say that even though there were some short trips to far, far away, I grasped something. I can still recall the priest's homily. The surprising part of the day was when this particular priest opened his mouth and began uttering the homily. I was in awe. It was a very good one, one of a few best homilies I had ever attended. I found myself tearing.

Tomorrow is a continuation. But I wouldn't be able to take part. I wish I could, but some wishes are just not meant to come true. I have one day to cherish, anyway. Though I spent a good 60% of it snoozing, the focal point of it will be kept in my memory.

No comments: