Everyone is craving for a happy ending, like a child coveting cotton candies in the middle of summer. Happy endings that transpire only in fairytales. They are a rare condition, a once in a millennium event. But as scarce as they may be, these fairytale-like endings are still breathed and could take the form of fortunate individuals. I wish I am one of them.
I met an uncle today. His sentimentality was opaque. I asked for something from him, he struggled to remove it from his miniature clear book containing his cards. In this pocket-sized file did I see his most prized possession. It is turning into a crisp mixture of sepia and black and white. The image is still intact, the faces recognizable. I could still recall the curly hair of the bride and her white garment. It was their wedding picture.
After all these years. The uncle is in the sunset years of his life. Almost every strand of his crown is greying. The intactness of the photo is struggling. But to be able to save it and carry it with him wherever he may be, along with the articles of present time, astounded me. After all these years.
At times when I phone my mom, she recalls asking me if I have found someone. The answer is always a blatant truth. Then she starts repeating her advices, like I have never heard of them a billion times before. I find myself according, part of me doing so just to satisfy her. Part of me hoping for a miracle. Her persistence sometimes plagues me, that before I retire and close my eyes at night, I remember to include in my prayers my conception of a knight in shining armor, galloping on his horse, sweeping me off my feet. I am affirmative. With faith. I know God heeds my supplications, and I am not in haste. The rainbow that reflected on the pole on top of the sofa and my colleague's room inside the branch yesterday was a manifestation. God remembers His promise and His wisest decisions. All I could do is to recline on it.
Happy endings are not extinct. Versions vary, but they are still in existence. They take whatever form, glide in whatever time, and motivate in whatever genre. I know mine is awaiting to happen. I am unfailing in my desires, regardless of the cruelty surrounding me. My golden, crisp sepia and black and white wedding photo is about to be printed, in 10-megapixels, vivid portrait with face detection. In high definition. ^^
1 comment:
nice! Don't worry friend, Happy Endings do happen and will be a continuum of happy beginnings of another chapter.
Post a Comment