Thursday, November 18, 2010

Charismatic Day

The hall was filled with angelic voices. Bodies were falling on the ground. Tears wet the faces. Tongues reverberated in the Upper Room. Praises were uttered from the depths of souls.

I had been to prayer groups. I had an idea of what occurrences were likely to transpire. But sometimes, though inevitable, happenings have a way to sneak in and catch us unprepared. I was shocked when I saw a girl suddenly lying on the floor as if in a trance, eyes all closed, whole physical being in still motion except for her overturned left hand that was doing some repeated actions as if sending a message in Morse Code. No one took notice, and the one who did did not know how to translate it. A few minutes had passed, she regained composure and stood up.

A handful of people had the same experience. Bodies kept dropping on the floor. The sight gave me goosebumps. Their faith was inexplicable that something divine chose them to be the temple. I was in awe.

And in tears. I heard some grieving. The beauty of surrendering everything to the One Above has translated into droplets of liquid from my innocent eyes. And for some odd reasons I myself am not fully aware, while I was seated in my own chair after my part was over, I burst into tears.

God touches every soul in His own divine way. Some felt the need to 'rest'. I expressed my exultation in tears. In my inaudible cries where no one observed and no one perceived, a silent prayer and a silent admiration took place. Amidst different sounds bouncing off the walls, despite being drowned in tongues and series of proclamations, in my loudest whisper and restricted logic, God heard me. He is never tone deaf as I may be. And an invocation has happened on a personal level.

Another tear rolled down my face.

No comments: