Sunday, May 1, 2011

Home

Some relationships end too soon, too bitterly. My April was a headache. It severed a prospective, strong friendship. But I am glad that redemption is finally occurring.

Endurance is a virtue, along with patience and resilience. It was an exodus of emotional battle and cold war, and I expanded patience for pragmatic concerns. But recent happenings forced me to make an aggressive decision, one that is beneficial to the majority including myself. I now realize that decisions seem right when peace descends after arriving at one. And now it feels like home.

According to the World Book of Happiness, it matters not if income is lower than the previous one, so long as basic necessities are met by that limited funds, as significant increase in salary may have a minimal rise on the happiness graph. Happiness is gained not from material things but from relationships built. I will shell out more than what I used to, the trip will be longer, waking hours earlier, but friends to share worthwhile memories will turn every penny into an investment. They say we gain some, we lose some. But I say we lose some, we gain a lot. At the end of the day, relationships founded on trust equates to happiness not every nickel saved can even account for. The sum is peace of mind. And the finished product? With delicate aroma that entices the sensitive olfactory organs, freshly baked 'home'. And I am. :)

No comments: