I was walking home today, feeling low and depressed. With my ipod vociferously singing in my ears, I traversed the path amidst this huge pile of humongous trees that are perfectly aligned by the road side. I looked up and felt the gush of wind slightly kissing my cheeks. The sun was blazing hot, but the leaves of the trees guarded me from the pigment-causing rays of the raging sun. I was astounded. Everything was an orchestra, mastered by God in all His humility. But there I was, feeling low. I was ashamed.
Early morning on my way to work I saw a crow draggingly flapping its wings, attempting to ascend despite the heavy load in between its beak. It found a road-killed animal, salivated over its seized meal, picked the cadaver up and flew effortfully. Its scavenging made me cringe. Only now that I realized, while typing this blog, that something positive permeates through this despicable action. Nothing in the world is wasted. Lives, even decaying physicality, are purposeful. Up to the very end, we still can contribute. Like the dead animal's role to the crow.
I had been consumed by the thought that what I do is unhelpful. I was feeling wasted, forgetful of the fact that everything God created is uniquely significant. And God is wise. He hid realizations in nature. All we, or specifically I, need to do is to be completely open to everything, and the answers will come as swift as a thief in the night to steal doubts. I'm learning.
I'm raising my glass to Pink, for being wrong in the right way. Fulfillment is within reach. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment